BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Beasts

I normally get home from work around 5:00. Yesterday, at 1:00 I had to run by my house to pick something up. When I walked in the door my dog, Gunther was leaping off of the couch and Corrienne's dog, Kip was laying on the couch. They are NOT suppose to be on the furniture and they know that!

I hollered at them to get down. They got down and Kip went and stood in the doorway of Corrienne's room and peed in the floor!!!! I could not believe it. They do not use the bathroom in the house. They are very house trained. They even ring a bell that hangs on our back door when they need to go out. I got so frustrated and the more frustrated I got, the more he went and the more he went the more frustrated I got. I put him up in the laundry room and I put Gunther up in the bathroom. I cleaned up the mess and left.

On my way home, I was thinking that I would get home and let them out and then love on them a while and get them a treat. I was kind of feeling bad for getting on to them.

I got home and I let Kip out of the laundry room and I let Gunther out of the bathroom. I went to the backdoor and let them both outside.

I walked to my bedroom and I smelt something funky coming out of the bathroom where Gunther had been. I just thought to myself "Man, Gunther really needs a bath, he made it stink up in here!" I opened the bathroom door and I was going to turn on the fan. What I saw next made my heart sink and my blood boil. We just got BRAND NEW bathroom rugs for this bathroom and my lovely canine had decided to leave me a nice little (big really) poopie present on one of them. We had the old rugs for a long time, never once did he poop on them. However, the poop was arranged in such a fashion where I would have been able to pick up the rug and dump it in the toilet and then treat and wash the rug.

I went and got Gunther and called him into the bathroom. I was going to put his nose in it and turn him outside. He had another idea and that was to PUT HIS PAW IN IT. So now I had a very messy rug and the poop was no longer a nice neat pile, but rather ground into the rug. Then he ran out of the bathroom and I had little poopie paw prints all over the place. I turned the dogs back outside and began to clean up.

As I was cleaning the mess in the bathroom, I slipped and nearly fell on what was about half a gallon of pee. Oh the humanity! I could not believe, it just kept getting worse and worse. I walked to the garage to get some more cleaning supplies. You have to walk through the laundry room to get to the garage. Kip had been in the laundry room. Yep, you guessed another gallon or so was waiting for me there. At this point, I was almost laughing, not quite, but almost.

For the next 30 minutes or so, I was picking up poop, cleaning up pee, mopping, re-mopping, spraying 16 cans or so of Lysol, pre-treating rugs, shampooing carpets, washing rugs, lysoling some more, mopping again, and gagging.

Later last night, the dogs apologized to me. I forgave them and we are okay now.

These are the same dogs who ate my flash drive, swallowed my thyroid medicine (including most of the bottle) and tore up some fund raising money (that we were able to tape back together).

BUT, at the end of the day, I love them. They are often crazy and annoying, but they are also sweet and loving. They also bark when strangers approach our house and I like that security.

Life goes on, days continue, and Gunther and Kip live to see it all.

2 comments:

Jana said...

Hum....if you love them so much then why were you and Corrienne trying to pawn them off on me last night?!? haha!!!

Mom said...

And you wonder why I won't call them my grand dogs.