BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 28, 2009

The Joy of the Lord is my Strength

WOW, I have had an amazing weekend! Saturday night, on of my dad's friends took our family and some other Marines and their families to III Forks to have an early celebration of the Marine Corps birthday. We had a great time and talk about some good food! Everything was superb.

I had helped to plan the night, so at the end of the meal the waiter (do you call them waiters in fancy restaurants?) came to me and asked if I got the bill. HAHA. I almost burst out laughing. Yeah, dude I am going to be able to pay for 22 people to eat at III Forks. I could maybe swing 10 people at I Fork.

Anyway, we had a great time and it was so great to see my Dad surrounded by other Marines and have this time of celebration.

Yesterday, September 27th, my Dad preached at Lavon Drive Baptist Church in Garland. I grew up going to this wonderful church! Lavon Drive had worked and worked to get visitors there. They had over 1000 ride to church on the buses. The auditorium was packed out, including the balcony. Dad wore his dress blue Marine Corps uniform and gave his testimony. When the invitation came, he lead people in the sinners prayer, if they wanted to accept Christ. When he was done, he asked that everyone who prayed that prayer raise their hand, and like I've seen him do on so many other occasions, he began counting hands. 1, 2, 3, 4....15.....25......40...........60 (at this moment, I couldn't believe it, it was amazing)..............85..............100...............130...................YES, 139 people accepted Christ as their personal Lord and Savior. Each one of them left the auditorium and went and met with a decision counselor and filled out a decision card! Then we found out that they had more saved in the children department. A total of 204 people accepted Christ yesterday on the campus of Lavon Drive Baptist Church in Garland. Plus, it was my sister's birthday (Happy Birthday, Jana) and my nephew, Andy, got baptized! Talk about an amazing day!

0 comments: